A downloadable tool for Windows
This is early access version so there are features that have not been implemented yet. Purchase once and all updates will be free. You will get Steam key after release.
Create or edit color palettes for your projects.
If you’re an artist, game developer or web developer and you need to create a color palette for your project quickly or edit one that you already have, then give this tool a try.
Palette Wizard allows you to create color palettes from scratch. It will help you find analogous, complementary, and split-complementary colors and others with ease.
You can load any image and extract colors from it using the built-in extraction function, then modify the palette as you wish.
Use magic pens to create color ramps with no time!
You can replace colors in the loaded image with colors created in the project and see the differences in real time.
You can also sort and organize colors using various sorting options
You can find great color palettes to get you started here:
Supported palette formats: PAL Jasc, GPL Gimp, TXT Paint.net, HEX, GML Game Maker Studio 1&2
Supported image formats: PNG, JPG, JPEG
Please keep in mind that there may still be some bugs and I am also working on several new features.
If you encounter any problems or have a suggestion/request, please describe them on itch.io community forum, DM me on Twitter @smallbigsquare or send me an e-mail to smallbigsquare(at)gmail.com
Thank you for your support!!!
- Create color ramps from two colors with ease. You can also slide all colors from ramp towards one of them using slider.
- Easy create random colors with different properties like (entirely random, randomize hue, randomize saturation, randomize value or random color which is close to current one).
- Easily create Analogous, Compliment, Split-Compliment, Triadic, Square, Tetriadic, Pentagram colors from existing ones
- Move colors as you like, select multiple and move multiple colors at once.
- Copy and paste individual colors or multiple of them.
- Duplicate colors (also works with multiple selected colors).
- Color picking by hand from loaded image.
- Color extraction from image. You can extract colors from any loaded image and you can set maximum colors to extract (16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512).
- You can replace colors in the loaded image with ones created in the project
- You can save images with replaced colors.
- 4 Color pickers RGB, HSV, RGBs, HSVs (s means square)
- You can load palettes in the following formats: (PAL Jasc, GPL Gimp, TXT Paint.net, HEX, GML Game Maker Studio 1&2).
- You can save palettes in the following formats: (PAL Jasc, GPL Gimp, TXT Paint.net, HEX, GML Game Maker Studio 1&2, PNG 8 px color squares).
- Each menu or context menu option has its description on the bottom of the screen so you don't need any manual.
- You can load/save project to edit it later.
- Free drawing using Magic Pen
- Multiple color sorting options by hue, saturation, value, red, green, blue
- Distance based color sorting by RGB*, HSV, LAB distances
- Multiple color adjustments
It is early access version so there are features not implemented yet.
- Magic brushes
- Color evolution using Genetic Algorithm
- Features requested by the users (within reason)
- Undo / Redo
Credits / Attribution for images used in the GIF's and screenshots:
Download the demo and try before you buy!
Demo doesn't have all the functions of the full version. Please note that the demo version has saving capability disabled and screen color is scrambled with the shader so a little graininess could be visible.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.74 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Color Adjustments and Steam Page3 days ago
- Triadic, Tetriadic, Square, Pentagram colors and image cropping17 days ago
- Color Sorting24 days ago
- Magic pens32 days ago