Match 3 Engine
A downloadable asset pack
NOTE - video is outdated, please download the demo to see all engine features
This engine must be used with GameMaker: Studio 1.4, 2 or 2.3. If you don't have GameMaker: Studio you can download it from www.yoyogames.com
Version 1.7.6 Update, improvements and bug fixes. Thanks to all the people who helped me with the testing and their suggestions.
This is a complete match 3 engine.
With this engine, you can create games like Bejeweled, Treasures of Montezuma, Candy Crush Saga...
All you have to do is replace placeholder images.
- hints of the next possible move (hint delay can be set)
- no more moves checking
- chained games (can't be moved, chain is removed after match, or bonus hit)
- double chained gems (can't be moved, one chain is removed after match, or bonus hit)
- iced gems (can't be moved, ice is removed after match, or bonus hit)
- stoned gems (can't be moved, can't be matched, only bonus hit will destroy it)
- 3 game modes (time, move or back tiles based gameplay)
- level goal represented by a bar
- vertical or horizontal bonus (appears after matching 4 gems, removes whole column or row)
- cross or bomb bonus (appears after matching 5 gems, removes whole column and row or certain radius area of gems)
- bonuses can be activated on tap, on match, or both
- you can control when special gems will appear
- change board size and position
- you can change number of colors on board
- you can set level timer, level number, and goal
- you can set the size of bonus bomb explosion radius
- simple visual effects for each bonus activation have been included
- game pauses on demand and by system interruption (pause dialog window included)
- Game over and Win dialog windows
- Best score recording
If you want to stay informed about my new assets subscribe to my mailing list. You also receive a FREE asset for subscribing.
This asset is also on YoYoGames Marketplace
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.